The Orchard

History of Property

“Old Cooranga” was originally home to the Strathdee family who settled here in 1848. At the time, they ran a 300,000 acre sheep and cattle property. The citrus trees on “Old Cooranga” were first planted in 1986. Paul and his siblings helped plant the trees for the previous owners, the Baker famly, in their school holidays. The adjoining property “Cooranga” which is owned by the Berthelsen family, is a 5th generation primary production property with a history of dairies, cattle breeding, stud cattle and various crops.

At the end of 2011, we added a packing line to our shed. We now have our own brands and can ensure our fruit is graded and packed to the highest of standards. Our packing line is a weight grading system which we are upgrading at the end of the 2012 season so that we can process more fruit. We are able to pack cartons, hat bins and trays simultaneously. We have plenty of room to expand our operations and plan to build a couple of cold rooms before the 2013 season so that we can cool and store our fruit.